Monday, September 20, 2010

Concrete Poetry Assignment

Playing with palindromes: Yreka Bakery

http://myweb.csuchico.edu/~drios1/concrete_poetry.html

8 comments:

  1. I am super confused. I think the idea was a word scramble of sorts to try to reassemble the letters into new words, but the only word I could make out was bakery. If that was the intention, I would make sure the words are there, and pause when a new scramble is complete so the viewer can read it. The sound was very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the meaning of the words. If there is a hidden message we are supposed to find, it needs to be made a bit more apparent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't really sure what the animation was about, but I liked the transition of the text and the audio you used. My advice, make it longer if possible. Try to explain the message behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you did with different letters actions even though I don't understand it. the actions are very smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your animation. It was very simple and to the point, yet very smooth and the actions flowed well. For those who don't understand it, the title is "playing with palindromes: Yreka bakery. A palindrome is a word, phrase, number or other sequence of units that can be read the same way in either direction. so yreka bakery backwards is yreka bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the transitions were very smooth and the sound clip was very appropriate in terms of laughing at the confused audience. My only suggestion on improvement is to add more than a few words to build more tension and confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The looping of the animation was very smooth as well as the words scrambling around. I liked how you added sound however the laughing did distract me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liked the animation of the letters. It was short and simple. Didn't understand the poem but did a good job animating it.

    ReplyDelete